Thursday, July 24, 2008

Waaaahhhooooo!!!


I did it! My first 10K and crossed the finish line in just under and hour. I think it was 57 min. It was such a blur, I was so excited to be done. The weather was great and it wasn't too hot.

Trying not to laugh, I saw a guy on the side of the road barfing up his guts just after mile two ......... in my head I was thinking that some people take these fun runs WAY TOO SERIOUSLY... And MAN WERE THERE A TON OF PEOPLE THAT HAD SOME SERIOUS BODY ODOR. It was poisoning the much needed clean air that it was trying to inhale. :) Then at the end it couldn't have gotten any worse when all of the sweaty people were herded through a small area of fruit and bagels...... stuffy and sweaty mmmmmmm lets take a bite of that bagel. Your chances of getting someone elses sweat all over the bagel were so high that I used my hand to shield it..I wanted it pretty bad :)

We almost didn't make it. Thanks to Shane and his great driving skills (which happened to be the first time that I witnessed him passing others on the freeway) he got me to the start line with 2 min to spare. Shane was such a trooper. Last night he didn't get home from work until 11pm due to a Life Flight that he had to go on. Luckily it was only to Wyoming. So he was running off of 4 hrs of sleep.


Here are my cheerleaders at the finish line :)


I don't have to worry about Levi not eating his Veggies. He loves his carrots and celery!


This is Levi's favorite book. Isn't he so cute. I had to post it.

7 comments:

CHAR said...

oh my gosh... Levi is so cute. I am loving the popped collar look.. WAY TO GO RAHNDI!! I didn't even know that you were going to run this. I am impressed. It would take me 4 hours... or probably more because I would never make it. Ha ha!

mia veronica said...

Good for you Rahndi!! I am so happy for you and loved your play by play comments that made me laugh:) - I also loved the pic of Levi reading, he is sooo cute!!
Mia

Ben and Sara said...

GOOD JOB RAHNDI!!!! I really want to run a 10K but I have to do a couple more 5k's first to build up my endurance. Levi is so cute!!!

Karisa said...

Congrats! I'm running my first on Sat. Hopefully I can finish as well as you did.

Emilyjo said...

Good Job on the 10K! I think I would have fall'en over dead!

Uno said...

You need to run the Ogden Marathon Relay with us next year....We are looking for some team members!

Great Job

Uno...

Witter and Kway said...

Congrats!! Dang, you have a cute kid. He is so big!! Can I babysit sometime? It doesn't really surprise me you ran a 10k. You have always been superwoman. Remember when could suck in your entire belly when you were prego? Sheesh.