Saturday, September 26, 2009

As for ME


Currently I am enjoying a wonderful house full of SILENCE!!!!!!!!


Both kids are down for their naps and I cringe every time I think that I hear one of them stir.

I am about to embark on a new phase of my nursing career in a couple of weeks. Which has me a bit nervous. I am leaving my home of 6 years on IMSU at Primary children's and moving to the Newborn ICU. Although it is just across the hall it is going to be awesome, challenging and exciting. After long discussions Shane and I decided that it would be necessary for me to go full time for the next while (most likely 2 years) I am in dire need of some serious PTO. As of right now I have 4 hrs to my name and if one of the kids gets sick and I have to stay home (more cost effective) things start getting tight around here. And if you know me I hate being tight. So why not. And to top it all off, I was just notified of my schedule and it couldn't be better. Pretty much a dream schedule. I will not BE WORKING ANY MORE NIGHTS!!!!!!! Yes you heard me correctly. NO MORE NIGHTS!!! I will be working a set schedule of every Friday and Monday and every other Saturday and Sunday. It works out to be every other week I will be working 4 in a row. That to me is very minor compared to working NIGHTS!!!!!!

OH CRAP!!!! I HEAR MOMMY COMING FROM THE HALLWAY!

8 comments:

Witter and Kway said...

I miss ya! I'm so excited for you to go over to NICU. I know you will be great!

Necia said...

You will be AWESOME in the NICU! We had a big adjustment when we moved from the NICU to Infants and you made that move so much easier because you were a lot like the nurses in the NICU. You have what it takes and no more working nights will be awesome as well! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You will do such a great job in the NICU. You are a great nurse. No more nights will be great. I hated nights. I seriously want to get together for lunch. The corn maze just started, but I'll call you. Oh wait, my phone died and I got a new one, but I don't think I have your number anymore. Call me.

Heather Lewis said...

You better not be leaving the IMSU!! Your the best nurse they have, :( Michelle and I will surely miss you!!

Brad and Rochelle said...

I am mad at you still for lesving but I can't really say much cause I don't know how much longer I will be here either. So I will be happy for you :) And I dream of the day I no longer have night shifts!!! You will be so awesome though, I am excited for you!

Jackie said...

Miss you. I am not sure what I will do at this point. I really want to work as a LPN but I don't want to leave.

Nicklepickle said...

How is the NICU? I'm interested to hear how things are going over there. I'm done with school and passed the exit hesi and now I'm just waiting to be cleared to take the NCLEX. 4 out of 5 of my friends in school have passed so far. They said it was way harder than they expected so I'm a little scared but I just keep studying from that book you gave me and am hoping for the best! Hope you're doing well! I'll let you know how things turn out with the boards!

Karren Family said...

Hey Rhandi,
I am so excited for you to be going onto straight days! That is so wonderful! I must say I am way sad,because when Easten comes back down there, we will never see you girl!
By the way your little one is a spitting image of you in my opinion!
We miss ya!
Our house is finally done, so next time you are up come see us!
Loves,
HollyJo